Medihelp is one of the largest open medical aid schemes in South Africa. We provide quality, affordable medical aid cover to more than 220 000 South Africans.
The healthcare industry is a challenging one in which to work. As a medical aid scheme we need to strike a delicate balance between making healthcare more accessible and managing rising healthcare costs, whilst complying with relevant legislation. Then, there’s the challenge of retaining customer loyalty – and attracting new members – by offering innovative and attractive products and delivering exceptional customer service. No mean feat!
We have the benefit of experience
Industry experience is invaluable in providing top-notch products and services to our members and Medihelp has over 100 years’ experience in the medical schemes industry to draw upon.
Our size is our strength
We’re proud to take responsibility for managing the healthcare needs of over 220 000 lives. One of the largest medical schemes in the country, we service our large membership base from our head office in Pretoria and regional offices in Cape Town, Durban, Bloemfontein and Port Elizabeth.
We’re financially stable
When you become a member of a medical scheme, you invest your money in that scheme – the last thing you want is to invest your hard-earned cash in a medical scheme which cannot provide adequate provision for the payment of claims. With consistent, sound financial performance, Medihelp proves itself time and again. Our financial soundness is marked by our solvency, our claims-paying ability and our resolve to provide value for money by keeping administrative costs as low as we can.
Our solvency rate is well above the required 25% prescribed by the Medical Schemes Act. In addition, our accumulated funds per beneficiary is one of the highest of the top open medical schemes in South Africa.
Wouldn’t you like to be part of a medical scheme where the money you invest goes to healthcare, rather than non-related costs? At Medihelp, we endevour to keep admin costs as low as possible, so that you get more healthcare cover for every rand you contribute. In fact, our administrative cost as a percentage of gross contribution is consistently below the industry average.
Medihelp offers the following products:
- Necesse – Affordable medical aid network option, with a hospital plan.
- Dimension Prime 1 – Hospital plan for healthy, active individuals with extra day-to-day benefits and preventative care.
- Dimension Prime 2 – Value-for-money plan incorporating a hospital plan and medical savings account for day-to-day expenses.
- Dimension Prime 3 – A comprehensive option which features a hospital plan, day-to-day benefits and preventative care benefits.
- Dimension Elite – Offer insured medical benefits; hospital plan and preventative care benefits.
- Medihelp Plus – High-end plan with day-to-day medical benefits; hospital plan and preventative care benefits
- Unify - A network option for members in the Uitenhage, Despatch, Kirkwood and Port Elizabeth areas.
086 0100 678 (General enquiries)
+27 12 334 2000 (International)
Fax: 012 336 9540
Medihelp head office
PO Box 26004
410 Steve Biko Road
Phone ER24 on 084 124 in case of a medical emergency